Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Welcome

Hello and welcome to my new blog!

I am a relatively new literacy coach (4 years) working at the secondary level. My school corporation adopted the Workshop Philosophy several years ago at the elementary level and now those students are making their way to the middle and high school level facilitating my move from the classroom into the coaching position. Where the elementary schools had designated times - usually an hour long - for each, at the secondary level we have to squeeze both reading and writing into 45 minute class periods. With Indiana's adoption of the Common Core Standards, seamlessly integrating reading and writing is even more important.

I hope you choose to continue to follow my blog as I chronicle one school system's journey to improve literacy at the secondary level. I look forward to sharing what works and what doesn't. I hope you will also share your successes with me. As the proverb goes...It takes a village....

No comments:

Post a Comment